Making Connections. Empowering Youth. More about us »
The Teton Mentor Project is amazing! We always do so many fun things. I have the best mentor in the whole world!
— 7th grade mentee
Latest News & Updates
How to Become a Mentor
Take the lead in supporting a young person through an ongoing, one-to-one relationship!
- Serve as a positive role model and friend
- Build the relationship by planning and participating in activities together
- Build self-esteem and motivation
- Help set goals and work toward accomplishing them
- Make a one-year commitment
- Spend a minimum of four hours per month one-to-one with a mentee
- Attend an initial training session and additional ongoing training sessions each year of participation in the program
- Attend optional mentor/mentee group events, mentor support groups, and program recognition events
- Written application. Please turn in to Teton Mentor Project office at Jackson Hole Middle School.
- Make an appointment to be fingerprinted with the Sherriff’s office at 733-2141, or online, to have a criminal history check, child abuse and neglect registry and sexual offender registry check
- Personal interview
- Provide three personal references
- Attend one initial mentor training, hosted every other month
Please contact annie@TetonMentorProject.org for more information.
Have a Story or Anecdote About Being a Mentor?
Email your photos, short or long stories, experiences and thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org and help inspire and spread the word about the power of mentoring.